Originally, Evangiles_Eu was born out of the desire of the associations Memad asbl and LLS asbl to move from the words of the gospel to its practice. Concerned about a better world where all together we could coexist in harmony, these associations, in order to contribute to the shaping of this new world, have set up a European and international network of Christian and humanitarian associations, activities and personalities which aims above all to advocate solidarity, humanity, compassion and love of neighbour.
We can’t just talk about social justice and love, let alone just denounce them, we must also act as often as we can. Like the teacher, we work for a more just society, knowing that God’s justice is not of this world, and neither are we ourselves (John 15:19 ).
The European and International Network of Christian associations, activities and personalities and their partners aims not only at Christian associations, but also at any voluntary person as well as humanitarian associations; the aim being to help one’s neighbour.
Its purpose is to :
- Enable associations to get to know each other, to exchange and help each other
- Promoting each other’s actions
- Reinforce the impact of each other’s actions either through support or concerted / coordinated actions.
- Amplify support for noble causes and help the most needy
- Amplify the denunciation of social injustices in the world
- Amplify the denunciation of the persecution of Christians and immigrants in the world
- Coordinate in order to better contribute to a fairer world.
- To support the self-determination of each people, reminding them that the Creator of Heaven and Earth loves us all personally and we are all equal in his eyes.
The network intends to help meet the following responsibilities found in the bible:
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its flavour, with what will it be restored? It is only to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.” (Matthew 5:13)
“You are the light of the world. A city that is on a mountain cannot be hidden, and a lamp is not lit and put under a bushel, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house” (Matthew 5:14-15).
“By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another” (John 13:35).